Header Ads

Can somebody pick the same YouTube channel name as me?


Related image

Everybody has a unique channel”name” (in form of a unique url) but it is usually incomprehensible because it is gibberish.
It used to be very simple to just change that gibberish into a pronounceable url. Nowadays it is not that easy anymore. So the url stays gibberish.
But
The name your choose for your channel is also unique. You cannot have the exact same channel name (as entered in your youtube credentials). It is like with email addresses. You have to add a number or sign or whatever, if you want that name but it is taken already.
So let’s assume this:I want my youtube channel to be called “sunflower” but someone already took “sunflower” so it is not available. So I try “sunflower1” or “sun_flower” or “xXsunflowerXx” etc until I find one that is available and that is the one I take.
Still if I make my videos, the youtube search engine will not only consider my channel name when people look for the term “sunflower”. It will also check my titles, my descriptions, and the tags I put on the video.
So if 20 people mentioned “sunflower” in any of those three options, they will all pop up in the search results.
(My youtube channel is not called sunflower - “sunflower” was just an example)

Source Q

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.